Monday, February 9, 2015

Difficult decision

I chose "Woman Defend Herself After Husband Says She Gave Up Newborn Baby With Down Syndrome." It's about a woman that was accused by her husband of divorcing him or giving her son up after finding out her son had down syndrome.

While I was looking to find where i to go by I a found a bunch of local news programs that had the story but I chose to use good morning America I decided to go with it because when I wake up in the morning I love to watch good morning America.

"I remember the sad faces of my relatives and the doctors and the diagnosis that sounded like a verdict: 'Your child was born with a Down syndrome.' One can never imagine my feelings at that moment," Badalyan wrote in a Facebook post. "Hardly had I recovered from the first shock, when the doctor approached me and told me to voice my decision whether I was going to keep Leo or not. I had to make the most ruthless decision in my life within several hours."

Dad Refuses to Give Up Newborn Son With Down Syndrome

Badalyan wrote that she spent several hours after her son's birth trying to decide on his "best destiny." She said that Forrest accepted that their son's interest should be first and that "only his move to another country could remedy the situation."

"In the hardest moment of my life when my husband should be next to me and support and help to take the right decision, I could not find any support from his side," she wrote.

I chose this article because as difficult as the decision can be I feel like there should not be option weather to actually wanting to keep the child or wanting to terminate a pregnancy. Well terminating was not the case in this story but in some situations it is. But to say that as a difficult decision it very self of her. At the end of the day his a child and has emotion and feelings. So to even think twice on wanting want give up your child up because he has special needs it's crazy to me. Having a special needs child maybe a struggle at times and all but theirs. Alot of parents and single parts out there that get through  it.

This article is from https://gma.yahoo.com/woman-defends-herself-husband-says-she-gave-newborn-191921642--abc-news-parenting.html

1 comment:

  1. While I appreciate your enthusiasm for the story, you didn't provide any insight into the media coverage itself, instead you basically just recapped the story. See Blackboard for your score.

    ReplyDelete