Sunday, February 8, 2015

Kyrie Irving drops 55 points against the Portland Trailblazers.

The article that I picked title is “Kyrie Irving Drops 55 points, Hits Game-Winning Walk-up Three” and I chose it because I love sports. Another reason why I picked this article is because I love Kyrie Irving’s game and I have been following him since his freshman year in college playing for the Blue Devils (Duke University).  This article is about Kyrie Irving, who is a NBA point guard for the Cleveland Cavaliers scoring 55 points against the Portland Trailblazers and hits the game winning three a couple of weeks ago. This was an historic night for Irving because it was his career high in points and it also shows why Kyrie is one of the top five points guards in the NBA right now. 
There are three different media’s used in this article, they are print, video/audio, and interactive. The strengths of print are it allows to me to take my time reading if I want to, I can come back to it whenever I want, it gives me the info about the article quick and easy. The strengths of video/audio is it allows you to see  live video and it also allows you to see video of something you might of missed the night it was on. A strength of interactive media is that it allows people to give their own opinion and review about a persons article, story, and video. This video/text/sound/interactivity works so well because people all over the world can sit on at home on their computers and get their news update, and access almost anything they want to with internet. This websites specific audience would be sports fans and anybody who likes big news. 
I like the print in this article because it allows to me to choose and pick the information I think is most important in the article. The video/audio in this article is my favorite part because it shows the live footage of the highlights of Kyrie scoring 55 points. I liked the interactive media because I read the comments and some of them actually gave interesting opinions on the article and Kyrie Irving. I also didn’t like the interactive media because some of the comments were just plain negative, for example I kept seeing comments like Kyrie sucks, and the cavaliers are trash. A thing I would change would be that who ever runs the cite deletes all the negative comments in the interactive media section, overall I liked the article. 

Source: http://deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-drops-55-points-hits-game-winning-walk-up-1682452480

1 comment: