Sunday, March 22, 2015

Baseball, Mark Cuban, Bill Simmons

 The first podcast I decided to listen to was Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney. The episode I picked was called “Ready For The Show” and it was mainly about is Chicago Cubs third basemen prospect Kris Bryant read for the big leagues? Buster was also talking about how Will Ferrell played in five different spring training games for ten different teams. I like how Buster asks questions then goes to the phone to get other peoples opinion. I think this podcast is very entertaining because Buster never stays on the same topic for to long and also I just love the game of baseball, which is all he talks about. The main thing they were debating about was if Kris Bryant should make the the Chicago Cubs big league team. He already has eight homeruns in very little spring training games and is batting 480. Kris has more homeruns then anybody in spring training right now and Buster believes he should make the big league team and so do I, the Cubs need all the help they can get. This podcast was very useful for me and I learned some things that I didn't already know and this is a podcast that I would visit again.

https://player.fm/series/espn-baseball-tonight-with-buster-olney-4939/baseball-tonight-ready-for-the-show-31315

The second podcast I listened to was Chive featuring Mark Cuban. This podcast was done a little different then the first one I listened to. In the first podcast Buster Olney had the phone lines open and people were calling in and giving there opinions. However, in the second podcast the cast of Chive are sitting down next to Mark Cuban talking to him for the podcast. Mark Cuban talks about how he sold his broadcast.com company to yahoo for 5.7 billion dollars and how he is the luckiest man in the world. He also went into detail about how he doesn’t really go crazy with his money, after he brought the private jet, the NBA team the Dallas Mavericks, and a few apartments that was enough to handle. He also told a story about how he was at electronic convention in his mid 20’s and he was doing pretty well at the time. So he had a few girls with him that he was suppose to take home and when he turned around for a second and looked backed his girls where gone. Bill Gates ended up taking the girls home which I thought was pretty funny. This podcast was put together very well and I really liked it, I would definitely visit this podcast again.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id960377228/

The third podcast I listened to was The B.S report with Bill Simmons, featuring Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen A. Smith. Bill Simmons was talking to Jimmy Kimmel about his show and how it has evolved over the years. Bill Simmons was talking to Stephen A. Smith manly about boxing, I thought the they were going to talk about basketball. The main topic was the Mayweather vs Pacquiao, which could bring Vegas about 400 million dollars in revenue. This will be the biggest fight in marketing history and this is the fight that everybody has been waiting to see, including myself. Simmons thinks that Mayweather will beat Pacquaio and Stephen A. Smith thinks that Mayweather will win in 11 rounds. They were also talking about Mayweather as a person outside of boxing and how he is kind of polarizing to the public, which I can see why Simmons said that, However Mayweather has been my favorite boxer for years now so his opinion doesn't affect my look on Mayweather. I like the way Bill Simmons asks his guest each question he presents and how open he is with his guests. This is a podcast that I would definitely visit again. 


https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/espn/id127434126?ign-mpt=uo%3D6

1 comment: