Friday, March 20, 2015

Podcasts

The first Podcast I listened to was from "The Opie Radio Podcast" Episode 78 with the title "Artie Lange & Bobby Lee". I found the podcast to be interesting and entertaining, as the guests they had on were comedians and were telling a couple of their stories while making it interesting and funny to listen to, which made the time spent listening to the podcast enjoyable, and I would probably go back to this podcast depending on the guests that they have on.  
 
Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-opie-radio-podcast/id647370261?mt=2&i=325665451
 
The next podcast I listened to was a little bit different. The podcast was called "Psychology in Everyday Life: The Psych Files" Episode 225 with the title "What's Best for Memory - Coffee or a Nap - or Both?", which I chose since I find some psychology to be interesting and this podcast caught my attention. Michael Britt was the person talking in the podcast, and has some interesting points in his podcast. One negative was that he dragged out too long and made you wait for the answer to the topic he was talking about. Another negative was that he introduced himself in the beginning as "Michael Britt", but there was no mention of him being a doctor or having a degree in psychology, instead he introduced himself and asked people to check out his site to help him pay his rent, so I wasn't sure if this podcast was meant to teach people or just hear his opinion. I would only go back to this podcast if the topic of an episode is something I would be interesting in.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/psychology-in-everyday-life/id215516451?mt=2&i=319030774

The last podcast I listened to was called "Career Tools" titled "Resume Update 2014", which was a podcast about this person giving you tips on what you should be thinking about to put on your resume. I found this interesting since I'm going to be trying to
get a good job right after I'm done with college, so I thought that listening to this podcast would be helpful, which it was. In the podcast, they talk about what people are usually looking for in the resume and what not to do or put in a resume, and other helpful tips.

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=299826841&i=318499077

Overall, I found podcasting to be useful if you're trying to useful information or if you're just trying to be entertaining to help time pass by. The only negative I see in podcasting is the that almost anyone can do it, so you have to look hard for podcasts that are going to be useful and it's not only a random person giving you his/her opinion on the subject of matter.

1 comment: