Monday, March 23, 2015

Ellen Degenres x 3

I chose to use Ellen Degeneres's podcast's for all 3 podcasts.

The Ellen Degenres Show Podcast "Drunk Shopping"

In this podcast Ellen talks about some stores like Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters and Brooks Brothers are starting a trend by putting bars in the middle of their stores. In a witty semi-sarcastic very "Ellen way" she talks about how it is a great idea to that and why did it take so long to happen she also gives examples of her "drunk shopping" experience. I love watching Ellen's show whenever I get a chance so when I saw she also has podcasts she was my immediate first choice. I think this podcast is very entertaining Ellen is hilarious and definitely knows how to connect to her audience. I already subscribed to her podcasts and can't wait to listen to them all!                                                                 https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/drunk-shopping/id582486442?i=318105033&mt=2

The Ellen Degeneres Show Podcast (audio) " Parking Lot Etiquette 101"
This podcast of Ellen's is so funny she gives her rules on how parking should and should not be done at malls. I love that she starts of by saying how she drove by a few malls and noticed that people need reminders on parking and she says "You know who you are you're then ones who side door looks like it made love to a shopping cart, so it is my public duty to set some parking rules for the holiday season!"  Ellen then goes on to give some rules that will make anyone laugh. Like I said before I will continue to listen to Ellen's podcasts very comedic and entertaining!                           https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/parking-lot-etiquette-101/id582486442?i=327540885&mt=2                    
The Ellen Show Podcast (audio) "Ellen Learns Some Spanish"
In this podcast Ellen talks about that she has a bucket list and one of the things on her list is to learn to speak spanish. She jokes about how 47 million people speak spanish and how 46 million of them live in Los Angeles. She says that she's tried to learn spanish in many ways like taking classes, traveled to Mexico, tried Rosetta Stone, the Pimsleur and jokingly says "Jose Cuervo" Which for those may not know is a brand known for tequila. I found it hilarious when she said that with Jose Cuervo you learn some spanish but when you wake in th morning you don't remember any of it. She goes on to talk about her experience with Rosetta Stone and what she has been told is the best way to learn which is to constantly talk to someone that speaks fluently to practice. She then has a guest who teaches her some spanish on the show.                                                                   https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ellen-learns-some-spanish/id582486442?i=324675000&mt=2
All of Ellen's podcasts' are similar in the fact that her charm and whit exudes through all! As I said before I will continue to keep up with her podcasts as I already subscribed on ITunes. I also love that they are not so long. I did try to listen to a few other podcasts by others but after the couple of minutes my mind wandered so that is why I decided to stick with Ellen for all three of mine.

1 comment:

  1. While I appreciate what you did do, you were supposed to look at 3 different podcasts (not three episodes from the same source/provider like Ellen). See Blackboard for your grade.

    ReplyDelete