Sunday, March 22, 2015

"PODCAST ASSIGNMENT" PODCAST MANIA

The first podcast I listened to was "The Combat Jack Show" which featured talking to J. Cole.  I love this podcast because it's a music podcast, focused on hip hop, breaking new music & the interviews are great with all types of artists.  I'm a huge J. Cole fan, so listening to this particular podcast was great. I love it because he always ask the right questions. From Cole's music influences, what made him become a rapper, his personal life. He touched on all aspects of J. Cole's life & career. Listening to this made me feel like I know a lot more about one of my favorite rappers & artists overall.  The show/podcast is uncensored, so there's a particular freedom that the artists has to express himself.  Another reason why I enjoy it.
http://thecombatjackshow.com/show/the-j-cole-episode/

The next podcast I checked out and another favorite of mine is the "B.S. Report with Bill Simmons". It's a sports podcast, mainly for basketball talk. Bill Simmons is one of my favorite ESPN & overall basketball writers and guru's out there.  He always gives his thoughts on the NBA game and the individual players.  He has a lot of knowledge on the game. This interview with Charles Barkley i liked especially because Barkley always says what's on his mind. He never holds back, sometimes it might be for shock value, but he's very entertaining. I want to possibly become a basketball writer and have my own show where I just discuss the NBA, so this is a big reason why i like and listen to this podcast.
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=6567587

A third podcast that i like is the HBO Podcasts of "Real Time with Bill Maher". I love this podcast because it's just his overall take on the news and what's going on in Washington and he cracks jokes and puts his two cents in.  He usually has 3 guests and they all discuss topics on the news in there opinions.  I like this podcast because it keeps me updated on the news and it's uncensored as well.  It can be serious, but also very funny, and have a comedic twist to it.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/real-time-with-bill-maher/id98746009?mt=2

Podcasts in my opinion are great. There free and always available, if you can't watch it on TV or don't have a particular channel on your cable network to see a favorite show or individual. You can check it online. No commercials, just constant information & entertainment. It's def enjoyable when you can find podcasts that garner your interests.

1 comment: