Monday, March 23, 2015

Finding a Happy Medium With Podcast's



I choose to do this assignment on three very different podcast's.

The first was a result from the search term "meditation". I was expecting to find something more along the lines of maybe tips on meditating, or maybe even the benefits that meditation has. When I began to listen to the podcast it was actually just music, to be more specific a new age track. At first I was a little confused as to why someone would just upload a podcast of music, that was until I actually listened to the podcast. Although it was not a particularly long song it was very relaxing. In my opinion I can see why someone would search and or listen to this podcast. Meditation in my mind is about relaxing and getting outside of yourself, this podcast definitely seems as if it could help someone do that.

http://marbleteameditation.podomatic.com/entry/2013-01-25T13_34_02-08_00

The second podcast was a result from the search term "woman and finances". Again this isn't a very long podcast and leans more towards motivational than actual finance advice. The podcast is narrated by a woman named Mariusa Reyes and I believe the "advice" that she is giving is pretty basic and can be applied to any gender. The only thing that makes this podcast specific to women is that is a woman speaking and the example that she gives you is related to women. Even though the podcast isn't totally pointless it could give more actual tips on financial information and not just a quick general motivational speech.

http://sheandmoney.podomatic.com/entry/2012-09-23T14_48_42-07_00

The last podcast I listened to was a result from the search term "creative writing". This particular podcast seems to have been produced from a radio show. The host is speaking to an actual published author by the name of Harry Bingham. This podcast was the longest of the three and actually my second favorite. I felt that speaking to someone who has actual experience with writing and being published made this podcast more educational and helpful than the other two podcast. The author gave very good advice and seemed to speak from a very genuine place. My only critique of this is, because of the fact that I get bored easily the length of the podcast was a little too long for my taste.

http://ccs.podomatic.com/entry/2007-08-10T05_40_36-07_00


In all this experience with podcast was a positive one. I think that for me shorter podcast are definitely the way to go, being that I can't seem to focus on one for too long without getting bored. With that being said, I would still like to find ones that do have some substance to them. In the mean time, I may just revisit the meditation podcast in the future.

1 comment: